Jewish Center of the Hamptons is taking significant measures to ensure that we can gather safely during this High Holy Day season. Please follow these protocols to partake in our worship for the High Holy Days.
- Pre-registration is required for ALL services
- ALL participants must wear masks upon entry and egress from the beach and JCOH
- For attendance at services at JCOH, All participants must sign a waiver and show proof of vaccination
- All services on the lawn will be open-air services, there will be no tent
- We will offer seating that keeps groups distanced from those around them
- You may submit your waiver and proof of vaccination at jcoh.org/waiver
- If you have been exposed or are experiencing any COVID symptoms, please stay home and join us virtually.
- Those who are elderly or immunocompromised should consult with their physicians before deciding to attend any in-person event.
Jewish Center of the Hamptons Agreement of Assumption of Risk, Hold Harmless and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19
Signature on this waiver is required in order to register for in-person events. On the day of the event you will be temperature screened and given a brief health questionnaire.
Jewish Center of the Hamptons (“JCOH”) has adopted various preventative measures to help reduce the potential spread of COVID-19, including reducing the number of persons who may be present at the same time for religious services or other activities and for distancing of the participants and maintaining cleanliness. JCOH cannot assure or otherwise guarantee that you or your children will not become infected with COVID-19 in attending religious services or other activities at JCOH (including JCOH’s parking lot and outdoor spaces). You also recognize that attending religious services at JCOH (including JCOH’s parking lot and outdoor spaces) increases your and your family’s risk of contracting COVID-19.
You have advised JCOH that you are aware of the foregoing and desire to attend religious services or other activities, by yourself and/or with your minor child or children. In consideration of being allowed to attend such services and other activities at JCOH (including JCOH’s parking lot and outdoor spaces), and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are acknowledged by you, and desiring to be legally bound, you covenant, acknowledge and agree, on behalf of yourself and your minor child or children, as follows:
- You understand the contagious nature of COVID-19 and (a) you voluntarily assume the risk that you and your children may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 as a result of attending JCOH; and (b) you confirm that you understand that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and/or death to you and members of your family.
- You understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at JCOH (including JCOH’s parking lot and outdoor spaces) may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of yourself or others including, but not limited to, JCOH clergy, employees, volunteers, and participants and their families. You voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to yourself, members of your family, and any other individuals with whom you ultimately contact–including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, death, illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind (collectively “Claims”)–that you, members of your family, and any other individuals with whom you ultimately have contact may experience or incur in connection with you and/or your children’s attendance at JCOH.
- You release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and agree to hold harmless JCOH, its clergy, employees, agents, officers, directors and other representatives, from and against all Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs and expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. You understand that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of JCOH, its clergy, employees, agents, officers, directors and representatives, or any other persons, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any of the JCOH’s programs.
By signing below, you confirm that you have read, understand and agree to all of the terms and provisions of this Agreement of Assumption of Risk, Hold Harmless and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19.
Book of Remembrance
Jewish history and Jewish memory are a central theme to our High Holy Day observance.
We honor our loved ones who continue to fill our lives with the precious gift of memory.
Parking will be available at 30 Woods Lane, East Hampton, NY 11937 (the property immediately to the east of the Jewish Center of the Hamptons).