- This event has passed.
Shtisel Season 3 Discussion Group
May 6 @ 5:30 pm–6:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 5:30 pm on Thursday, repeating until May 13, 2021
Led by Rabbi Joshua Franklin
Join Rabbi Joshua Franklin for a discussion on the hit Israeli television series, Shtisel. Shtisel is about a fictional Haredi Jewish (ultra-Orthodox Jewish) family living in Geula, Jerusalem. Participants can watch the series on Netflix. Each of the six sessions will explore two episodes from the newest season of the show. Issues such as Jewish identity, Israeli culture, living as an Orthodox Jew, and more will be explored during the conversation.
SIGN-UP FOR THE DISCUSSION GROUP
Rules of the Group
- Be respectful to each other.
- Be equitable. We’re going to place a time limit on people who are sharing to 30 seconds, unless otherwise directed by the moderator.
- Please steer clear of disparaging the Haredi community. Shtisel gives us the opportunity to appreciate a group who has otherwise received a great deal of negative attention from the press and media. Be respectful of them.
- Avoid talking about Israeli politics. The show specifically steers clear of this topic, and so should we. It will be the third rail of our discussion. Don’t touch it.
- Mute your microphone when you’re not speaking.
- Position your camera properly.
- Please make sure the name you enter the meeting with is your name so we can identify you.
- Don’t bring your camera into a place that we shouldn’t see.
- Use the hand raising feature in order to indicate you would like to speak, otherwise, we may not be able to see you. You’ll have to click the reactions button on the bottom tool bar, it looks like a smiley face with a plus, and then hit the hand raise button, and it will allow us to call on you in order.